(Part Time) Registration Assistant ApplicationWritten: December 1, 2012
The primary purposes of this position are to process PCA&M course registrations. Position also responsible for processing financial aid, coordinating the placement of live models for classes and a variety of administrative support duties for the PCA&M education program.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Process registrations for PCA&M, including but not limited to: Process registration for Studio, Media Arts, and Youth programming; Assess number of registrations and communicate with instructors regarding high/low enrollment; Process cancellations and remit refunds requests to finance office where appropriate; Manage wait lists; Serve as primary point of contact for students and parents regarding all registration-related questions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for incoming students, visitors, artist members and evening instructors, both in person and by phone. Respond to general inquiries regarding PCA&M, programs, facilities, and membership. Send detailed class/workshop reminders and announcement emails to staff and student/parents throughout the term. Assist instructors as needed with facility and material needs.
- Perform membership related duties, including: Process memberships and access packages
- Perform a variety of administrative duties for PCA&M education program, including but not limited to: Input course content into registration software and Google calendar; Manage petty cash
- Open – Close Scaife School as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed.
- Individual may occasionally be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Incumbent must be able to read, see, hear, and speak.
Work Days and Shifts:
Position generally works 3 days per week and must be able to be flexible to work an occasional week night or Saturday. Approximately 20-22 hours per week..
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Fine Arts, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- One (1) year administrative experience. Prior experience in an education or registrar setting preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.