This Fall, we are back in the studio offering a wide selection of in-person classes. We are adhering to the following COVID guidelines in our classes and studio spaces:
- Each in-person class will be 80% of its usual capacity for the specific studio to ensure students can properly distance
- Masks are encouraged
- Wipes and hand sanitizer will be available in each studio for student and instructor use.
- All cancelation fees will be waived. If you are sick and must stay home from class, you will get a full refund, regardless of when you need to cancel
- We will adhere to any new guidelines from Allegheny County, Governor Wolf’s office, and the CDC. We know that this is still a changing situation, and we are prepared to adapt our plans if necessary. We also still have a handful of online classes for those who prefer a virtual format.
Classes take place at Pittsburgh Center for Arts and Media which is located at 1047 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232. The City of Pittsburgh maintains metered parking at our location from 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Mon – Sat.
Registrations are processed in the order received. No spaces will be held without full payment. It is the responsibility of the student to appear in class on the correct day and hour without additional notice. Students and/or their work may be photographed for use in Pittsburgh Center for Arts and Media promotional materials without explicit permission. When students are responsible for providing their own materials, a supply list will be sent by email.
There are three ways to register:
- Browse and register online
- By phone with credit card payment only at 412-361-0455
- In person at our Shadyside campus at 1047 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Registration office hours
The Registration Office is normally open Mon – Fri, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The office maintains evening and Saturday hours when educational programs are in session.
How to pay
- Online: Enter your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express information on the registration form
- By check: Make checks or money orders payable to: Pittsburgh Center for Arts and Media (a $35 fee is charged for returned checks)
Students may withdraw from a class by calling the Registration Office.
You can transfer from one program to another for $15, plus or minus the difference in the cost of the class. Transfers may only be made within the same term and cannot be accepted with less than one week’s notice before the start date of the class.
Waitlists are maintained for fully enrolled classes. You may call to request to be placed on the waitlist or you can add yourself online. There is no cost to be placed on a wait list. Waitlisted students will be notified in the order that they were added if a space becomes available.
Pittsburgh Center for Arts and Media’s Registration Office communicates to clients primarily through email. Please make sure to update your email information if it changes and to include your email address when you create an online account. Occasionally our correspondence gets sent the SPAM folder. You will receive a reminder email from our Registration Assistants between four and five days prior to beginning of class that will include information about the instructor, location, and time of the class, along with a list of any necessary supplies.
Occasionally classes are cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. In such cases, the Registration Office will notify you approximately 3 days before the class is scheduled to begin and the full tuition will be refunded by check or credit card, depending on the date of registration and the original payment method.
In the event of an unexpected closure or emergency, please check our homepage, our Facebook page and KDKA for updates.
Students will be emailed if a closure occurs with more than twelve hours notice. If the decision for closure must be made with less than twelve hours notice, office staff will attempt to contact students by phone.
Personal belongings and artwork left behind at the conclusion of an educational program are collected and kept in the lost and found located in the Registration Office. Pittsburgh Center for Arts and Media reserves the right to discard artwork and other personal belongings one week after the conclusion of a program.
Due to kiln firing schedules, some clay artwork may not be ready for pick up until after the class ends. The Registration Office will contact students when work is ready for pick-up. Students in adult programs may not leave personal supplies or artwork in studio classrooms from week to week. Students registered for painting or drawing classes that take place in the 2D studio may leave artwork in the standing storage in between classes but must be cleared at the end of each term.
Adult courses are divided into levels so that students can enter as a novice and work his/her way through each level, learning new skills and enhancing knowledge in each content area. Students below the age of 18 are not allowed to attend adult classes.