(Part Time) Facilities Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director, Director of Finance and Administration
FLSA status: Non–Exempt
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for cleaning, managing and inspecting the buildings and grounds to identify maintenance issues, such as leaky roofs, faulty electrical, plumbing issues and security systems. The Facilities Coordinator will perform routine custodial duties that directly impact the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Scaiffe and Annex buildings such as emptying trash, sweeping/mopping floors on a weekly basis. The Coordinator manages the repair of facilities either through their own capabilities or via outside contractors such as Climatech etc. When construction and/or bigger repairs are required, the Facilities Coordinator receives job bids and makes recommendations to senior management and oversees the work and manages the project to bring it in on time and on budget. The Facilities Coordinator oversees all supply ordering for janitorial needs as well as lighting, paint and dumpsters when needed.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as studios, offices, and immediate outdoor spaces.
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Provide general support services for staff before/during and/or after events such as: break down and/or set up of chairs, tables, misc. temporary structures. This may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Responsible for keys and security access assignments for staff
- Manage all outside contractors in support of the Facilities Department, including maintaining records and contracts, coordinating project activities, and providing scheduling support.
- Coordinate and clearly communicate to any and all impacted departments of all facilities activities, work directions, and support systems.
- Continued custodial upkeep of both the Scaiffe Building and the Annex.
- Maintain a request and communication system for facility needs from staff
Success factors/job competencies:
- Clear communication skills
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Good general handyperson skills
Physical demands and work environment:
- Individual will be required to use a computer with keyboard and telephone
- Individual will be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Individual will be required to use basic hand tools and/or power tools appropriate to specific projects.
Work Days and Shifts:
Position works 3 days or twenty-four hours per week and may include additional time as needed to complete work, possibly including evenings and/or weekends.
- Associates degree and 2 years of facilities management experience or 3 years of facilities management experience.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Please provide up to 3 references: